Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[TODO] Distributed commands via SSH
12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
[TODO] Distributed commands via SSH
We may integrate a tool like http://tab.d-thinker.org/showthread.php?tid=4531 to run commands on a list of hosts over ssh.

One option is use pdsh

pdsh -R ssh -l $user -w $host_list $cmd

example

pdsh -R ssh -l root -w host1,host2,host3 useradd new_user

will run "useradd new_user" on host1, host2 and host3.
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: [TODO] Distributed commands via SSH
(12-14-2015 10:47 AM)zma Wrote:  We may integrate a tool like http://tab.d-thinker.org/showthread.php?tid=4531 to run commands on a list of hosts over ssh.

One option is use pdsh

pdsh -R ssh -l $user -w $host_list $cmd

example

pdsh -R ssh -l root -w host1,host2,host3 useradd new_user

will run "useradd new_user" on host1, host2 and host3.

Looks like something useful but we need to understand pdsh before making a decision.
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2016, 11:05 PM
The pdsh tool looks good, but we may need to wrap it up with another script to avoid specifying the hosts all the time. Overall, we need to always develop our own tools, otherwise we can't do our work on thousands of machines. Please give this tool a name.

We need to place this thread in a more suitable place. Otherwise it is hard to find. How about we create a board Multiplexer in Big data and cloud / Exercise logic / Distributed execution and store this thread there?
02-08-2016, 07:59 PM
What about naming it "dexer" (Distributed EXEcutoR)?

The subforum is fine to me.
02-08-2016, 10:55 PM
(02-08-2016 07:59 PM)zma Wrote:  What about naming it "dexer" (Distributed EXEcutoR)?

The subforum is fine to me.

It leads me to think about the word 'dexterous', although there is no 't' in the word. That's a good name, and perhaps the cutest name you've invented so far :-) Good job and let's use this name.
02-08-2016, 11:00 PM
(02-07-2016 11:05 PM)lingu Wrote:  We need to place this thread in a more suitable place. Otherwise it is hard to find. How about we create a board Multiplexer in Big data and cloud / Exercise logic / Distributed execution and store this thread there?

Perhaps demultiplexer is a bit more accurate. I am requesting to create such a board.
02-12-2016, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 11:53 PM by lingu.)
Wentao - could you please develop the wrapper of dexer so that it understands and uses the IP list in $think_base/conf/ips.cfg?

I don't know whether the auth script would still be useful. Zhiqiang seems to prefer pdsh, and I think pdsh's benefit is that it supports concurrent execution. But my impression is that auth also supports that. I am assuming that we will use pdsh, but if you want to use auth please feel free to discuss it.
02-13-2016, 09:46 AM
(02-12-2016 11:20 PM)lingu Wrote:  Wentao - could you please develop the wrapper of dexer so that it understands and uses the IP list in $think_base/conf/ips.cfg?

I don't know whether the auth script would still be useful. Zhiqiang seems to prefer pdsh, and I think pdsh's benefit is that it supports concurrent execution. But my impression is that auth also supports that. I am assuming that we will use pdsh, but if you want to use auth please feel free to discuss it.

pdsh is just an option. If the auth (written plain bash script) works just as well, actually, I suggest auth/plain bash, for better portability. pdsh is not always available on all Linux environment's official repositories, such as CentOS 7.
02-13-2016, 09:51 AM
(02-12-2016 11:20 PM)lingu Wrote:  Wentao - could you please develop the wrapper of dexer so that it understands and uses the IP list in $think_base/conf/ips.cfg?

Got it.
02-26-2016, 11:48 PM
(02-13-2016 09:51 AM)xwcwt Wrote:  

Got it.

Done?